Do you want to bring some dazzling style to your wedding day? Think art-deco stationery, flapper inspired dresses, red lips and finger waved hair.
I am delighted to share this Great Gatsby inspired wedding of Yulia and Arash shot by Wild and Grace Photography.
The 1920’s makeup is a very glamorous, mysterious and just plain beautiful! When creating this 1920’s makeup look you need to opt for a light foundation, black eyeliner, lots of mascara and a perfect red lip.
Vintage wedding makeup
Tips for creating a “Great Gatsby” lip:
- Choose the shade of lipstick that suits your skin tone. If you have a pale skin tone opt for a blue-based colour; if you have a medium skin tone – experiment with bright orange-based colours.
- Red lips are prone to bleeding. Prevent this by applying a lip liner which will stop the lipstick from sliding.
- Make sure to accentuate the round fullness of the cupid’s bow for that silent screen look.
- Use a makeup lip brush for creating a precise lip shape.
My favourite red lipsticks
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine
- Giorgio Armani Lip Maestro in 400
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- Guerlain Exceptional Complete Lip Colour
- NARS Semi Matte Lipstick – Jungle Red