The school ball is a special event of the year and a night you will remember. There is nothing better than planning your dress, shoes, ball makeup and hair. Before booking a makeup artist, research recent makeup trends: 17 makeup trends for 2018.
When applying makeup, you were probably told to stick to one feature, and pair a dark red lip with little to no shadow natural eye, or a dark smoky eye with simple nude lips. Most of the time, this rule works, but sometimes it can be fun to try out both at once. Click this link for a tip of how to wear bold eye and bold lip makeup together.
A good trick for those overwhelmed with hair and makeup choices is to mimic a celebrity look. Visit best celebrity makeup looks inspiration for 2018.
After you decide on your perfect makeup look for the ball night, book your makeup artist or organise a small group of friends to gather at one location for a mobile hair & makeup artist to attend (a group discount may be offered).
The Night Before Your Ball:
- Wash your hair
- Get the photos of your desired hair and makeup look ready
The Day of Your Ball:
- Remove any makeup and cleanse your face
- Wear a button up shirt or zip up top so you don’t mess up your hair style
- Have a photo of your dress and accessories so the makeup artist can understand your overall look
- Have any hair accessories ready for the stylist to fix in place
- Ensure you have photos of desired makeup and hair style with you
The Night of Your Ball / What to Bring in Your Purse
Every purse needs blotting papers (better than applying powder all night), lipstick or gloss for makeup retouches, a few pins and a small bottle of hairspray.
Remember to wear a smile! “A smile is the best makeup any girl can wear!” – Marilyn Monroe